- To move coins or tokens between layers, select the Coins button.
- Then, select which layer you want to move from, using the layer dropdown.
- Next, select the coin or token in your wallet you want to move to the other layer.
- Next, select the Move button.
- Then input an amount to move, and click Review Withdrawal.
- Click the Confirm Move button to approve moving the coin or token between layer 1 and layer 2.
Depositing funds from Ethereum Layer 1 to Layer 2
Layer 1 deposits to Layer 2 incur an upfront gas fee which varies based on the processing speed you select. Select the icon next to Network Fee to opt between Fast (most expensive fees – processed in < 45 seconds), Medium (less expensive fees – processed in > 45 seconds), or Slow (least expensive fees – processed at a much slower rate).
Withdrawing funds from Loopring Layer 2 to Ethereum Layer 1
Loopring withdrawals incur an upfront gas fee and may take up to 30 minutes for the Ethereum main network to process. After which you will the see your coins or tokens on the other layer within the same wallet.
Withdrawing funds from Immutable X Layer 2 to Ethereum Layer 1
Immutable X withdrawals do NOT incur an upfront gas fee, but may take up to 24-48 hours to process. After which, you will be notified (in the Coins tab) to authorize the final transfer of your funds to your Layer 1 wallet. This final transfer occurs on the Ethereum main network and will incur a gas fee that varies based on current network speeds.