When you first create your wallet, it will immediately be able to transact on the Ethereum Layer 1 Main Network. In order to utilize the faster speed and lower fees of Layer 2, you'll need to activate your Layer 2 wallet.
But first, you’ll want to choose which Layer 2, Loopring or Immutable X, to activate. You can activate just one, or both.
Activating your Loopring Layer 2
Start by depositing ETH to your Layer 2 balance and clicking the Activate button to pay a small fee.
- Click Deposit. Select a method of depositing ETH to Layer 2. You can buy ETH with a credit or debit card, deposit ETH from your Layer 1 balance to your Loopring Layer 2 balance, or copy your wallet address and send ETH from another Loopring Layer 2 wallet.
- After funding your account, select Activate, and pay the one-time fee to activate your Loopring Layer 2 account.
- You're done! You can now utilize the faster speeds and lower fees of Loopring Layer 2.
Activating your Immutable X Layer 2
Activating your Immutable X Layer 2 does not require any fees.
- Select the Immutable X Layer 2 from the layer dropdown.
- Hit ‘Activate Layer 2’, review the details, then select ‘Confirm Account Activation’.
- You’re done! You can now utilize the faster speeds and zero fees of Immutable X Layer 2.